GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Systems Engineer
Note: This role is remote.
- 2+ Years experience in a Salesforce.com Developer, Business Systems Engineer, or Backend Engineer role.
- Received or pursuing the Salesforce.com Platform Developer 1 certification.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle, Source Control (Git), and Salesforce.com coding best practices.
- Understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how to effectively extract, transform and load data.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning and driving a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and across teams.
- Share GitLab’s values, and works in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Zuora and Zuora CPQ.
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer 2, Architect or other advanced certifications.
- Experience working at a subscription based product company.
- Experience working in an Agile team work environment.
- Business Systems Engineers work on custom APEX and Visualforce solutions for GitLab’s Salesforce.com instance along with all packages, tools and integrations associated with it.
- They work with Field Operation’s internal customers such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance to translate improvement project technical specifications into a project approach and then execute on those projects.
- They work with a combined team of Business Systems Administrators, Data Analysts, and Sales Operations Specialists to keep our Go-To-Market processes automated and efficient.
- Work alongside Business System Administrators to turn business requirements into technical specifications and project approach.
- Develop APEX and Visualforce solutions that follow Salesforce.com best practices and templating.
- Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources across GitLab.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions.
- Participate in team code reviews, user acceptance testing and maintain excellent documentation of all work.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Respond quickly to bugs and the direction of Sales Systems and Field Operations managers.