At Flutterwave we want to build a payments technology company with a strong African brand – as strong as the greatest payment companies in the world like Mastercard, Paypal, Visa or Alipay.
Our Communications and Community Lead will in collaboration with our executive management team lead the development and execution of our Communications and Community strategy, with a strong focus on thought leadership, brand awareness, lead generation and the marketing conversion funnel on both online and offline channels.
The successful candidate will drive in collaboration with a deeply engaged executive team and multiple agencies an integrated marketing strategy that will include PR, creative and experiential marketing, product marketing, brand management, digital and content marketing and inbound sales operations across our many different products and audiences in different countries across Africa and around the world. We are looking for someone who is willing to get their hands dirty today, learn as much as they possibly can and also nurture a team of effective communicators to effectively scale our marketing and communications efforts.
You must be
- Passionate about building a world class African brand
- Driven by data and insights
- Able to manage a team
- A great communicator
- Creative and curious
You must have
- Above par executive presentation and communication skills
- An eye for design
- A deep sense of curiosity about our business, our customers and a passion for helping them grow
- A intermediate level understanding of digital marketing, social media and search engine marketing.
- Experience working with creative, PR and marketing agencies.
- Excellent project planning, management skills and budgeting with exceptional attention to detail and follow up (commitment to timelines, processes and budgets).
- The ability to budget and track return on investment for marketing effort
- The ability to train, hire and grow a world class marketing and communications team
- The charisma and emotional intelligence to build relationships and connect with people
- The willingness to work closely with our founders to craft a vision of what the brand should be.
- The ability to learn anything quickly
- Develop, manage and execute Flutterwave’s marketing strategy, in alignment with business goals.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that all marketing and communications assets abide by our guidelines and support our business goals
- Lead SEO strategy and execution, including understanding of technical SEO, and site optimization.
- Support specific campaigns with landing pages, SEO, SEM, display advertising, content syndication, and reporting.
- Provide comprehensive and insightful reporting and updates.
- Conduct ongoing competitive research to help inform strategies.
- Develop and implement our offline marketing strategy.
- Exploring co-marketing opportunities with key customers
- Actively build and support a community of strong third party advocates and user communities for Flutterwave across products, countries and customer segments
- Keep up to date on latest trends and best practices in marketing and communication.
Bonus points if you have
- 3+ years of brand management experience in Africa with a multinational FMCG/Telecoms/Bank/ Agency
- Demonstrated experience building an African brand with a huge youth or business following.
- B2B marketing relationships and experience in Africa.
You will get
- A Macbook
- Free lunch
- Exciting compensation package with the potential for performance based bonus and stock options
- Lots of Pan African and global travel, adventure and amazing training opportunities
- The opportunity to work with and learn from smart and experienced professionals who have built amazing products at scale across Africa
- Bragging rights when we are successful..
If interested please submit by April 20th, 2018
1.) A cover letter and CV
2.) A presentation on how Flutterwave can leverage its brand and marketing to deliver business growth for its customers? (Feel free to focus on one Flutterwave product if its easier)
3.) An essay under 500 words on either of the following topics
“What are you building that lasts?”
“Why should I trust you?”
“PR or Advertising?”
“What is the best brand you have managed and why”